Summary of what has been done so far...

Saturday, June 13, 2009

La rose, la bouteille & la poignee de main (temp)

I released this sometime ago as a temp track (it still is one actually) but I've been "off the record" for a while, so I thought I'd just tidy this up, until I finally gather the courage to finish it.

So it's a cover of a song by Georges Brassens, not one of his most famous, but it had something I thought I could change. The opening lick does sound like a riff so I tried to capitalise on that and try to apply this kind of RATM feel I have taken as a main influence.

As usual, it's not perfect and it's obviously missing a lead guitar track. But as it's stand, raw, I thought it still holds its ground as one of my best attempts. It's without a doubt the farthest I've gone in terms of changing the original song. It was easy though as in this case the original is entirely accoustic...
Anyway what's left to do is to find a cool leading part (I would aim at something quite light as the rythm part is very ...) and a cool solo at the end.

In the meantime, here it is:

La rose, la bouteille et la poignee de main

No comments: