Summary of what has been done so far...

Friday, December 19, 2008

Compo 02

My 2nd "full length" composition...
I wanted to release it before Christmas, so I had to rush it a bit in the end. As a result and even by my standards, I feel it's not as polished as it should.

I guess the main problem is that the main riff is slides only and I have old strings. I might change them in the new year and see how it goes...

Anyway I wanted to do something a bit smoother than my previous one, a bit more flowing. And at some point I thought it would be good to do a solo on a sort of bridge, something completely different from the main verse/chorus. So I came up with the sort of reggae middle bit. I'm not quite sure how it fits with the rest but I liked it, so I thought I might as well try.

So there you go.

Compo 02.

No comments: